“I keep hearing about the about the “maca buttocks.” Is it really true that taking Maca can make your butt bigger?” - Jeanie
We’ve been receiving lots of questions similar to the one above for the past couple of years. It seems there’s a good amount of hype and confusion over the real answer to what we now call the “maca butt” question. We’ve wanted to write this article to share our experience as a leading supplier of Maca powder.
The simple answer to this question is “yes, taking a regular dose of Maca can enhance the butt as long as you combine it with appropriate exercise.” We’ve heard feedback from several of our customers, including several natural bodybuilders, that Maca has indeed worked to help them create more curves. Could it be that all of the gains are due to exercise and not Maca? It’s certainly possible, but Maca can absolutely help and here’s why.
How Maca Works To Support Healthy Muscle Growth
The first thing you should understand about Maca is that it is a food and not a supplement. When you take pure, certified organic Maca powder, you are eating a food that has been cultivated and used by people living high in the Andes mountains for over 2000 years. They have used it without side effect to boost their energy, improve their fertility and increase their stamina while living in the extreme conditions of very high altitudes (12,000 feet and above). Maca is a nutritional powerhouse and provides a high level of nutrients. It is also an adaptogenic food that supports optimal hormone balance and vitality for anyone who enjoys it.
In terms of getting a “maca buttocks” from this superfood here’s what you need to know:
- Maca powder is low in calories and fat. A daily serving of 3 teaspoons contains just 95 calories and 1 gram of fat. That means that Maca will not add fat too your backside.
- A daily serving of Maca contains 4 grams of bio available protein. This 100% natural vegetable protein is easy for the body to digest and assimilate and is one reason it is often found in natural bodybuilding supplements.
- Maca is well known to be a natural “anabolic.” Anabolic foods contain compounds that are helpful in building muscle fiber. Of course, it only works if you actually exercise the muscles you want to build. If you do that, Maca supports their healthy growth.
- Since the butt contains the largest muscles in the body (the gluteus maximus) it follows that using Maca combined with a consciously designed exercise program will help you achieve a “maca buttocks.”
- One of the many benefits of Maca is that it helps balance hormones. That means that it supports a healthy level of estrogen, which is clearly related to enhancing female curves.
How To Use Maca To Make Your Buttocks Bigger
If you’re serious about using Maca to generate more curves, you’re going to have to work some at it. The great thing is that Maca will help you do it since one of the main benefits of taking it is a boost in energy and vitality.
Here’s how to use Maca for buttocks:
- Make sure to take a high quality, fresh and certified organic Maca powder. The best way to take it is on an empty stomach mixed in with water alone – this helps it to assimilate quickly and fully into the body.
- If you have any digestive sensitivity we recommend Gelatinized Maca over Raw Maca
- Take enough Maca to make it worth your while. On resting days we recommend 1-2 teaspoons for most people and on exercise days we recommend 2-4 teaspoons. See our complete Maca Dosage guide.
- Combine your Maca intake with exercise focused on the buttocks including: hill walking, squats, leg curls and leg lifts.
Expect to start seeing results in 4 weeks from starting your program.
Which Maca Is Best For a Bigger Buttocks?
Maca grows in a variety of colors ranging from white to dary gray/black. Each color has a slightly different nutrient profile and use.
To achieve your goal of more curves we recommend either Red Maca or Black Maca. Both of them have shown very positive results in terms of muscle building effects, with Black Maca being a bit more effective.
We hope this article has helped. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
We wish you all the best in pursuit of the “maca buttocks!”